SUNRISE would like to thank the following individuals and organisations for their assistance and contributions :
- Marie Duncan, Sue Lee, Peter Martin, Karen Robinson (CSIRO) for early development work and feedback.
- Credit card validation technology by Brian Dunning, Jonathan Schwartz, Geoff Graham, Corn Walker, William Morris and Hank Shrier.
- Pexels.com and their contributors for providing free images for use in this commercial product.
Can UFOs Advance Science?
- Linda Brown for her advice and in granting us permission to reproduce some photographs of her father, Thomas Townsend Brown.
- The artist impressions of UFOs used in this book were originally published in The Unexplained – Mysteries of Mind, Space & Time (1980-84) by Orbis Publishing Ltd in London. As Orbis has been taken over by the Italian publishing firm De Agostini UK Ltd. and with no reply to our e-mails or indications on their website that they own (or are selling) the publication, we believe the publication no longer exists and will not be updated and sold ever again. So, for scientific research purposes, we have decided to republish these artist impression images.
- We have great admiration for the illustrative skills of Sergio Drummond (cartoons and the artist impression picture for the Cash- Landrum UFO case), Edu Torres (for his superb rendition of the Finland UFO case), and Goce Ilievski (artist impression picture of the UFO from Japan used on the book cover).
- James for providing web address of Free Online Patents to permit users to check official patents used in this research work.
- And a special thank you to the handful of brave scientists and all UFO investigators and researchers over the last 75 years for releasing their work and making the UFO reports available for research. Without these people, this book may never have been written.
- Our sincerest thanks must go to Dr Andrzej "Andrew" Calka in providing copies of selected metal articles and giving his insights into the shape-memory metal NiTi, which forms the basis of this book's argument. Evidence of his work at the ANU between 1987-1997 (before he moved to the University of Wollongong in 1998) including a photo and ANU Physics Staff List, click here.
- The late Colonel James Bond Johnson Ph.D. (1926-2006), military reporter and representative of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for his details of what happened in General Ramey's office just before his abrupt death (presumably of natural causes caused by cancer) after we mentioned the existence of additional photographs taken by a USAF photographer in General's Ramey's office and how they were slipped into his set of photographs. For this, he seemed unaware and oblivious to what the USAF was doing and was about to find out and give his further responses about this situation.
- Mr Anthony Bragalia for his interest in seeking further information about our research work and in providing us with some information he has gathered about the Battelle Memorial Institute, in providing us with the 1972 report from Dr Frederick Wang, and the obituary details from the New York Times of Professor John P. Nielsen, the scientist mentioned in a number of important scientific articles we have found and used in this book.
- The University of Texas in Arlington for providing us with permission to reproduce the photographs taken by Mr Johnson, and Major Charles A. Cashon of Fort Worth Army Air Field.
- It has come to our attention of the existence of the original 1982 article titled "Miracle Metal" from the Omega Science Digest (U.S. edition), a copy of which was made available to us in December 2014 by the original author Kevin Sanders (compared to our 1984 Australian copy, which contains slight variations in the author's name thanks to the Australian Omega Science Digest editor). If there is anything else he needs to create his upcoming documentary on the latest NiTi studies (beyond a copy of our book), we are only too happy to help where possible.
- The original witnesses, such as Major Jesse A. Marcel, Bill Brazel, Lydia A. Sleppy and others, who took the courage to reveal their experiences of events at the time and what they saw of the original Roswell materials, especially the shape-memory effect of the dark-grey metal foil for which the USAF suddenly showed an interest in titanium alloys after 1947 and of several titanium-based shape-memory alloys, including the world's most powerful dark greyish shape-memory alloy NiTi. Without these witnesses, the link between titanium-based shape-memory alloys and the type of high-speed flying object that was recovered by the USAF would not have been established.
SUNRISE web site
- We wish to acknowledge Jeff Ayling of the WAM Communications Group Pty Ltd for some creative thoughts and suggestions in the early design phase of this web site.
- There can only be high praise for the incredible assistance provided by Indian freelancer Sandeep Verma. His expertise in PHP coding will always be remembered (especially the guestbook, eShop, and message sender).
- PayPal should probably get a mention now that the process of purchasing for customers is simplifying and looking much better.
- SUNRISE researchers, of course must remain nameless for their safety and ability to work independently.
- And many thanks for the excellent web hosting provided by VentraIP Australia (now the largest Australian owned and operated web hosting and domain name company as of 14 July 2020).
Finally, to anyone else who we cannot or have not been able to acknowledge (either because we could not track them down, or they wish to remain anonymous), we would like to thank you for helping to make this the best web site it can be.